Friday, August 2, 2013

Poppin' Off- Operation Morale

I don't really know how to categorize this post; Poppin' Off is usually reserved for music, movies, places, etc. But I really love what Operation Morale is about and I just had to share. So here we go:

Yesterday morning I was flipping through my Instagram feed and I saw a few different bloggers that I follow post screen caps of Operation Morale. I was eager to find the originating source, and a few more scrolls down my feed, I found it. Erin Loves Earl (@candykirbydesigns on Instagram) is the genius behind Operation Morale, and the gist is, sending care packages overseas to our men and women in the armed forces. You might be thinking, that's been done before, and it has. I come from a long line of military, and the most recent is my brother, who is fresh out of basic in the Army. I've sent care packages before, but haven't done so in a really long time because I don't have any family overseas right now. And that's really something that Operation Morale touches on. It puts the idea back into your head to send something that soldiers not only need, but might make their day a little more cheerful. And it doesn't matter if you're for or against the war, or anything like that. Its about caring for other people, plain and simple. So please, please check out the link and hopefully you'll be touched to send a care package too. It doesn't have to be huge or expensive, or anything that might be stopping you from sending one. It really is the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!