Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mage Food: Pot Roast Nachos

A few years ago while visiting Las Vegas, I went to Roxy's Diner inside the Stratosphere. It was cute and 50's inspired, and they had all these great combinations of food that I hadn't heard of. I ordered their Pot Roast Nachos (which, if click the link above, are no longer on their menu), and they were delicious. I've made them a few times since then here at home, and thought I would share my recipe with you. Happy eating!

You will need:
*a crock pot to cook your roast in
*a roast
*a package of dry onion soup mix
*a can of Cream of Mushroom soup
*a bottle of Nacho Cheese (I like Tostitos Salsa Con Queso)
*a can of Chili with Beans
*Sour cream, olives, jalapenos, whatever you like to use as nacho toppings
Note: I didn't put specific can sizes because you change it up to fit the size of your family or party. The more you need, the bigger the can. This recipe is very adjustable.

Before anything, you will need to cook your pot roast.


Place your roast, the dry onion soup mix, the cream of mushroom soup and one soup can full of water into your crock pot. Mix it up a little, and make sure the roast gets covered in the mixture. Set your crock pot's heat to low and let it cook for eight (8) hours. Yes. Eight hours.

When your roast is about done, put your beans and cheese on the stove to heat (low heat and in separate pots preferably). Once they're to desired heat, pull your roast out, slice it up and you're ready to go. I use Doritos Nacho Cheese chips for my nachos, because my kids like them better than regular tortilla chips. But I had them with tortilla chips at the Stratosphere, and the first few times I made them at home I also used tortilla chips, and they came out just fine, so its really just a matter of preference.



If you try these out, let me know what you think! Even if you don't use the pot  roast, but just try the Dorito chips in your recipe. This is a relatively quick meal to make, and with so many ways to make it, its usually a crowd pleaser :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!