Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WoW Wednesday- Player Profile

Hello! Today's WoW Wednesday is a player profile. This is something I would like to do somewhat regularly here on KMT, so if you're a WoW player and are interested, please leave a comment below with your email address, or email me at jenarynkrystelle@gmail.com with the subject WoW PP and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

You might recall that last week I had a contributor for WoW Wednesday, Kimberlee. This is her profile. Enjoy!

*Name:
Kirye (my main since WoTLK)

*Server (the one you play the most):
Windrunner

*For the Horde or For the Alliance?
 For the Horde!

*How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I’ve been playing since Vanilla.

*What do you like best about the game?
I think I love WoW because it’s such an immersive experience, not just as a game, but as a social platform. Since I’m a fairly outgoing person and player, I have had the opportunity to become friends outside of the game world with some of my guildies, most notably, my husband. Happily, my experiences have, basically, been much less awkward than Season 1 of The Guild.

*What do you think has been the biggest change to the game?
I’m going to cheat a little with this question. There are two HUGE things that have changed that really stand out for me. The first being: it’s SO EASY to get gold now. Remember when you got your first gold, before you were anywhere near to being able to buy a mount, and you said "ZOMG! I have a gold! Only 500 more hours of grinding until I can afford things! /dance"? That kind of genuine excitement over currency just doesn’t happen anymore. Secondly: Raid content. Not only can you experience all of the game’s current content through LFR, but nearly every instance in old-world content (at least up to the WOTLK xpac) is solo-able to a decently geared max level toon. Previously, you only saw the inside of those raids if you were good enough to be invited to a raiding guild.

*If you could get rid of one class in the game, which one would it be and why?
Shaman. Sorry guys, but this class is still my least favorite. Though, in the interest of being fair, I am making a serious attempt at leveling one to see if I can learn to love them. So far, I’m in the mid 40’s and still no dice.

*Do you feel that female players are treated the same as male players? Or is the sexism seen in trade carried throughout the game?
Boy gamers…. Yah… In the interest of full disclosure, I have experienced both the benefits of and the downside to being a gamer-girl in WoW. Sometimes it’s beyond infuriating that people seem to think that the anonymity of writing from the safety of their home computer means it’s fine not only to be racist, bigoted, and homophobic, but also sexist and misogynistic. Trade is basically the widespread equivalent of barrens chat now, which is why, unless I actually need to use it for its intended purpose, I stop that feed from displaying in my chat box. I’ve feel that there isn’t enough that can be done about the million little things ignorant people say, so, I reserve the "report" function for the infractions that are so blatant I can’t overlook them.

*How can we find you? (I  must find a better way to phrase that question lol)
You can find me running around on Windrunner, in Eternally Deceased on several toons, just ask for Kirye. Alternatively, I tweet the rest of my existence @KiryeIRL.


Thank you for being my first player profile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!