Friday, January 31, 2014

Poppin' Off- King of the Nerds Season 2

King of the Nerds is finally back on the air! (Thursdays, TBS, 10/9c) I am pretty excited, as I loved last season. Of course, nobody will ever beat the original cast, but I already have a few that I like. I went through their profiles before the show started, and the only one I didn't really click with was Kelsey.
                                 
Her constant using of Japanese reminded me of that SNL bit with Taran Killam and Vanessa Bayers, but not in the fun way.


So I wasn't completely heartbroken when she was eliminated last week. 



Josh was last night's eliminated contestant. I have mixed feelings about it. Its always sad to see the nerds who are there with nerdy interests over the nerdy education go. This season's competition is heavily dominated by "nerdy" academic paths. Its a little off putting honestly. Last season was a good mix of nerd interests and academic pursuits. Overall, I'm enjoying the season so far. I actually wanted to audition for this season, but then I got scared and changed my mind. And it looks like its a good thing I did. I don't have the education for this season, that's for sure. 



Here are my favorites for the season, and I think one of them has a good chance of winning. 


He has a mind for problem solving and numbers, and hes friendly. 
But I think that makes him a huge target too.

I dig the purple hair. She also has the attractiveness thing working for her.
Shes no Celeste though (who was just along for the ride). 
She has skills that make her a worthy opponent.

Very Genevieve (who should've won last season).
I think shes a strong competitor and we'll see that not only is she smart, 
but she knows how to play the game.

The Gaymer. Hes very fun and has a personality that I think a lot of people are going to like. 
I think he'll be able to skate through for a while based on that alone, and that's not a bad thing!


So who do you think will win this season of King of the Nerds? What do you think of the show in general? Lots of fun or a slap in the face to nerd culture?

1 comment:

  1. So I tried to publish this comment from my dumpy old phone yesterday and guess what, instead of publishing it, it deleted it! Ugh, I am so over that phone. Anyway, this is from Joie Fatal, and I'm sorry I deleted it! It wasn't on purpose!

    I too am voting for Xander!
    And that video made my face hurt from laughing and smiling! OMG! So great!

    I loved the "if there is such a thing as a loving version of racism you found it!" LOL

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!