Saturday, May 17, 2014

#Cosplay Video (#Selfie Parody) VS. #Selfie by the Chainsmokers

This is the first in a new column I like to call Versus. And it's exactly like it sounds. I pick two (or three, or four....) like things and compare. I hope you enjoy!

I came across this YouTube video the other day, made by Nerd Reactor. There are a lot of cosplayers in the video that you will recognize (and yes, that is Lindsey Stirling at the beginning of the video!). I thought it was pretty fun. It captured the spirit of the original song but applied it to cosplay.


And the original, #Selfie by the Chainsmokers. I really don't like this song. It gets played on the radio here all the time. My favorite part of the song is when the girl says ratchet, because white girls trying to be ghetto and saying things like ratchet is hilarious to me (and I can say that, I'm the whitest white girl you will ever meet).

The verdict: Honestly, both videos made eyes hurt from all the selfies and hashtags flashing onscreen. But I think the cosplay video wins....because its cosplay (and slightly less annoying than the original).

Which video do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to be white to say that.
    I think ANYONE trying to be hood/gangsta when they aren't is hilarious!
    Cosplay for the winner!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!