Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Mix Up #21

Happy Monday everyone! In honor of my starting the Blog Life e-course done by the super talented sisters Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess, I have decided to make this Monday Mix Up all about blogging!

This e-course is priced at $50, which is not cheap. But it comes with a lot of their personal experiences peppered with valuable advice on how to make a living off your blog. They also give you cute printables to take notes on :)

I randomly stumbled upon Alexa Poletti through IG the other day, and was surprised that one of her latest blog posts was so in tune with what I was thinking about in terms of my own blog. While her guide focuses more on fashion and beauty blogging (because thats what she blogs about), there are still some tips that can translate to any type of blog you're writing. 

I read this book while starting my blog last year. Its what prompted my almost immediate URL change (oops!). It has a lot of really good advice in it, and I will be re-reading it again soon (probably after Elsie and Emma's e-course). I recommend this book if you want to learn a lot of blogging basics. 

And here's a picture of Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser- the OG of bloggers.
Anyone else love this show? I still do.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I had such a crush on Doogie Howser as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He was my ultimate celeb crush back in the day.....along with Fred Savage (Kevin Arnold on the Wonder Years) and Jordan Knight (NKOTB) lol.

      Delete
  2. YES! Doogie! And I have Blog Inc. and I want to take the ABM course also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too far into the ABM course, but from what I can see, a lot of what they cover is on their blog already. That's slightly disappointing, since it costs so much. The "workbook" they give as a download is nice to take notes with, I'm just hoping that I get to information not found on their blog soon.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!