Friday, October 17, 2014

Five Fandom Friday- Halloween Costume Edition!


This is the first Five Fandom Friday that I've done, and I'm pretty excited for it! Since I've been posting Casual Costumes almost every day this week, it seemed very appropriate :)

1. Codex and Clara from The Guild. I recently rewatched the show, and I still love it as much as I used to. I think I relate more to Clara, but my husband seems to think I'm more Codex. Either way, costume-wise, I could never pull off Tinkaballa lol. Look for a casual Codex (aka Cyd Sherman) costume some time next week :)

Codex and Clara

Codex and Clara by krystellemt 
Clara - The Guild Wiki / Codex The Guild Wiki

2. Daria. Everyone compared me to her in high school I didn't mind. Daria was my cartoon twin and I thought it was refreshing to see such great use of sarcasm on teevee. 

Daria

3. Hanna Marin from Pretty Little Liars. Hanna's downward spiral this season has really inspired a grungy fashion sense in her and I love it. I love the way that all the PLLs dress, but if I were to dress like Hanna, I could wear her clothes again, if that makes sense. I don't see myself dressing like Aria and getting away with it.


Hanna

4. Ferris Bueller. This is one of the first 80's teen movies I remember being able to watch. When I was little, when there were bad words, my dad would fast forward through them and say that the tape was messed up lol. Ferris was my ideal boy for a very long time. So cool, and no matter what life threw at him, he always managed to come through it okay.

Ferris



5. Debra Morgan from Dexter. She's a little awkward, and cusses a lot. I identify with that. Plus I love her clothes. And, you get to dress like a cop, without having to be a slutty cop (since costume manufacturers seem to think that's all a female can be). Check out the casual costume I made for her here.


Thanks to Megan from The Nerdy Girlie and Kristin from SuperSpaceChick for coming up with 5 Fandom Fridays!

5 comments:

  1. Love this list! Every single Halloween I debate ordering a Codex costume. Just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daria is seriously fantastic! I would love to dress up as her one year.


    Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up buying the Codex costume this year! I was going to be Clara, but my husband wanted me to be Codex. I still think I will end up buying the Clara costume too, later down the road. I really love the show, and the other day I got way too excited because Tink was in a Subway commercial lol. I wish they'd do more episodes, or like, a reunion one at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!


    I really want to do a Daria costume, but its so hard to actually find things for it locally. Finding things online was relatively simple, but they're kinda pricey. And I have no sewing skills to make it myself (I'm mostly thinking about her jacket). But if I were to ever cosplay for a convention, she would be in my top three for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A reunion is definitely in order!!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!