Saturday, November 8, 2014

#BraunTherm from Influenster

When you become a mother, people love to throw out cliches and unsolicited advice at you. One of the things you hear most often is that your life will never be the same again.  Depending on old you are when you're pregnant with that child,  hearing that can evoke a lot of things. The first time I was pregnant, I was 21 years old. When people told me that, I thought "duh" because of course having a child is life changing. And then it also terrified me. Would I not get to do things I loved anymore? Listen to my favorite music? I had my son, still did what I wanted to do (within reason), still listened to my favorite music, life moved one. Same thing happened when I had my daughter at 26, I had momentary panic, but not nearly as much. By then, I felt like a pro at having children, and didn't really think I'd changed all that much. I still listened to my music. Still wore my band shirts and jeans. Even knew what teevee shows the kids thought were cool. So what does this have to do with a thermometer, you ask? Everything.

Because I have changed, and I hadn't really realized it until Influenster sent me this thermometer. Sure, I still wear my Converse and watch The Simpsons. But when I go to the bookstore, I get more excited over Better Homes and Gardens then I do over Cosmo. That wasn't me at 21. And if you had sent me this thermometer at 21, I would have rolled my eyes, left it in its box, and never given it a second chance. But today, at 30 years old, when I found that black box that said #BraunTherms in my mailbox, I got super excited.


My kids hate having their temperature taken at home because I use the ones that you stick under the tongue or under the arm. They have to sit still for minutes sometimes for the thermometer to read properly, and they just don't have the patience for it. With this one from Braun, all that goes away. You just touch it right in the middle of the forehead, and within seconds it gives you a temperature reading. Super, super easy. You can even use it as a no touch thermometer, placing the thermometer a few inches away from the center of the forehead, but I will say that there is a four degree difference. I tried it a few different times (both of my kids and my husband got sick right after I received this, great timing!), and the no touch option always read four degrees cooler than when I placed it directly on their forehead.


The thermometer itself is really lightweight and very easy to use. Press the power button, press the temperature button and you're done! Its also color coded for fever severity. I noticed that when my daughter's fever was 101, it added an extra beep in addition to the color on the screen being yellow and not green. It retails for about $40-50 in stores, depending on where you get it. That is pricey, I get that, but if you constantly fight your kids to take their temperature like I used to, the price might be worth it. Also, it seemed to take adult temperatures just fine too :)


I am very lucky to have received this product free from Influenster for testing purposes. While the product was free, the opinions here are my own. 



If you are interested in joining Influenster, leave your email in the comments below, or shoot me an email at jenarynkrystelle(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll invite you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!