Friday, October 21, 2016

Caged- A Dream Crate

Have you thought what you might put in a Loot Crate if you could design your own? You know, a Dream Crate? I started thinking about it (obsessing about it, really) and came up with a million ideas! I narrowed it down to about four different crates that I might actually share with people, and then ultimately chose this one because I think its relevant, and it has some of my favorite fandoms in it. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

My theme is Caged, and I know immediately Luke Cage is what comes to mind. As well it should, because he was the inspiration for the crate. The show gave me a lot of feels, but that's a post for another time. But Caged can translate to a lot of other things. Some literally, like Orange is the New Black (I mean, they're in prison), and some not so much, like The Walking Dead (even though they did live in a prison, but I'm thinking more that they're trapped in this new world with no real way out).

Dream Crate


1) Luke Cage Bullet Hoodie by EscobarsClosest on Etsy. Perfect for the easiest cosplay ever or for your SJW needs, this hoodie is amazing! I watched the series and the hoodie gave me all the feels (again, a post for another time), and I wondered how long it would take for people to start selling them. Not long, is the answer to that.

2) Cuff Me Walking Dead Bangle by Love and Madness. I'm a sucker for handcuff jewelry, but this one is extra special because its for all of us Walking Dead fans. Rick has come a long way from that Sheriff that woke up in that hospital, don't you think?!

3) Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. So I haven't read this (but its on my list!), but the show is pretty good. And by pretty good I mean binge-worthy. I love comparing books to the shows/movies they inspire, and I can't be the only one.

4) The Scorch Trials Soundtrack. In the Maze Runner, the kids were trapped in a maze. In the Scorch Trials, they were trapped in the desert. It goes with the caged theme because these kids are always fighting to break free from their captors. Also, this score is amazing. We all need it in our lives. (PS, the books are pretty awesome too, go read them.)

5) Netflix gift card. So we can binge on Luke Cage, Orange is the New Black, and plenty of other shows that fit this theme (and uh....lots of shows that don't). With the holidays coming  up, you're going to want to unwind. Just don't cozy up to Grams and Gramps to watch OITNB- totally not appropriate.

6) Morty and Summer as Harley and Joker by Mike Goes Geek. So I own a lot of Mike's work. Most of it is his Adventure Time mashups though. He is an amazing artist and I really love this one. Rick and Morty is one of my favorite shows, and the Suicide Squad movie took me by surprise at how much I liked it. Of course, Harley and Joker were my favorites in the movie, and I think they both know a little something about being caged in. Make this a shirt, keep it a print, I don't care- I love it and want to own it!!
==

So there it is- my Dream Crate. While this one isn't for purchase, there are plenty of awesome crates available at lootcrate.com/crates. They have the OG Crate, plus some fandom specific ones, even apparel specific ones (so bummed I missed last month's Loot Tee- it had Sylvanas- my bae!). Trust me, your crate options are endless, and they are all fantastic!

What would be in your Dream Crate? Leave it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!